Summer is coming to an end, which means the end of beach days, sunny weather, flip-flops and vacations — but it isn’t all bad! Make the end of summer a little bit better with some delicious drinks and food
Labor Day is right around the corner, so have one last summer bash complete with our favorite cocktails and appetizers or enjoy them on your own as the season winds down and the leaves start changing colors.
Upset about summer ending? You need a drink. Grab one of these delicious and refreshing cocktails that will help you give a proper toast to the end of summer. Cheers!
- Watermelon Basil Margarita. Watermelon is a staple summer food, so this margarita is the perfect way to enjoy this delicious fruit one more time. Watermelon ice cubes make this drink super fun and won’t water down the drink!
- On-the-Go Jungle Juice. Jungle juice has a bad connotation, but this drink is definitely not the jungle juice you experienced in college. It’s a fruity and refreshing punch you can take with you anywhere — well, anywhere that’s legal. So grab some friends and some jungle juice pouches and head down to the beach for one last hurrah!
- Lemony Spiked Sweet Tea. Sweet tea is a classic summer drink, but it’s enjoyable all year long. This twist on the beloved drink will be the perfect way to say goodbye to summer and ring in the fall. Garnish with mint and serve in a mason jar for a presentation worthy of Southern charm.
- Strawberry Cream Mimosa. This drink is socially acceptable to drink at breakfast, so it’s already a winner. The creamy and fruity blend will make your breakfast or brunch that much more enjoyable — and the pink color plus a strawberry garnish is the perfect way to salute summer.
- Red, White and Boozy Popsicles. Yes, we said popsicles. This cocktail takes a different shape by mimicking those firecracker popsicles we all used to eat as kids. Add some alcohol and it’s an adult worthy treat! This would be perfect to bring out at the end of a labor day party — and you can have some regular popsicles on hand for the little ones at the party, too!
To go with your cocktails, you’ll need some food. Check out some of these end-of-summer appetizers to make your table the center of attention.
- Corn and Zucchini Pizza. Slice up this unique pizza complete with mozzarella and basil for a bright and colorful addition to your table. Guests will be asking you for the recipe after they try it!
- BLT Summer Spring Rolls. You really can’t go wrong with BLT anything. This spring roll is a great twist on a traditional Asian classic! Serve it as an appetizer or even with the meal. It’s a multipurpose delicious snack!
- Ham and Cheese Roll Up. These delicious roll ups are made with puff pastry, gooey cheese and hearty ham for an appetizer that works as a great finger food. They’re so easy to make, you can even have your children get involved in the kitchen and help make them!
- Blackened Shrimp Cucumber Bites. Take your cucumber to a whole new level with these spicy treats. Grill shrimp marinated in a mixture blackened seasoning to make a unique and delicious appetizer. These are as refreshing to eat as they are delicious!
Your Labor Day party will be a hit with these summer-inspired cocktails and appetizers! The end of summer is always a little sad, but these drink and food ideas can only make it better.